“Quality Urban Life: How to make it a reality?”
The importance of measurement, public policy and implementation
You are invited to join the discussion on the “Quality of Urban Life in Latin America”, hosted by Ethos Laboratorio de Políticas Públicas, el Seminario Satisfacción Subjetiva con la Vida y la Sociedad (SAVISO) UNAM-IIS, International Transport Forum, La OCDE Centro de México, OECD Public Governance Directorate (GOV), el Núcleo de Estudios Metropolitanos del Instituto de Estudios Urbanos y Territoriales de la PUC-Chile, Wikiprogress and Wikiprogress América Latina.
This online discussion will be a unique opportunity to reflect and exchange best practices, relevant research and experiences on the topic. The debate begins on the 21 November 09:00 and continues until 5 December 16:00 (GMT), focusing on the following questions:
- Why is it important to incorporate considerations of quality of life, well-being, livability and “Right to the City” in urban public policy?
- What does a liveable city look like? What are its characteristics? (e.g. parks; social events; transport; etc.)
- Which indicators should we consider in order to measure and evaluate the quality of urban life?
- What are some current public policies, social programs and urban development strategies aimed at improving the quality of urban life in Latin America?
- What additional public policies could be incorporated to improve the quality of urban life? Who should be in charge of implementing them?
We invite you to leave your comments in Spanish, English or French in the section entitled “Contribute” of the discussion webpage. To participate, click here.
In Twitter, you may follow the hashtags #CalidadDeVida and #Bienestar and use the shortlink http://bit.ly/1gR9ojk.
Also, check out the blog for longer contributions from specialists: http://wikiprogressal.blogspot.com, as well as the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WikiprogressAmericaLatina.
We look forward to reading your contributions.
Your Wikiprogress Team